WHITBY EAST PIER

2015_04_21_15_47_14_OneShot

The lighthouse, smaller than its counterpart on the Western side, sits on the end of Whitby’s East Pier. It is 55 feet high, with a lantern on top, and was built in 1854. There is a newer, less attractive light a little way beyond it which serves as the main navigation aid into the harbour.

Advertisements